Update: Tank PICS

WannaRace

Reefing newb
So I finally have some new shots of my 30 gallon...Here's what the transformation looks like:

Picture009.jpg

AND NOWWW....

Fishy1.jpg

Fishy7.jpg

Fishy5.jpg

Fishy3.jpg

Fishy2.jpg

My unhappy zoo's at the moment...
Fishy4.jpg

FTS
Fishy6.jpg

FTS
Fishy8.jpg

Comments, suggestions, questions welcome! Thanks for looking :)

Very nice and clean.
I was wondering how old it is too.There doesn't seem to bit a lick of coralline anywhere on the glass or pumps.All I can recommend is more live rock which you are adding anyways.

Thanks for the compliments guys! I am adding 20 more pounds in the next couple of weeks or so.

As far as the plate coral goes, it still eats so I'm assuming it is alive. The color may look really bad in the pics but that may be because of the combination of the lights and the camera.

Tank has been set up for approx. 4-5 months so that may be why there is a lack of corraline. Also, I recently found that my calcium levels were extremely low, so I am dosing the tank for that.

Ah, trust me, I am hoping that soon I will have coralline smothering my tank. There are a few chunks on the side and back glass but nothing noticeable yet. My heater is almost pure purple :)

great looking tank. I love the flame. Always have. great rock placement too. adding more on the sides for more coral coverage will be a good idea.

-Doc

What kind of salt are you using? I was noticing almost no coraline growth at the 4 month mark, picked up some reef crystals and after my first water change using them coraline started popping up all over on my power heads and a little on the glass already.

What kind of salt are you using? I was noticing almost no coraline growth at the 4 month mark, picked up some reef crystals and after my first water change using them coraline started popping up all over on my power heads and a little on the glass already.

Reef Crystals is my weapon of choice.

Like how it looks, how's the flame doing?? Has he nipped at any of your corals yet?? I am picking up a flame angel soon, and i've had mixed opinions as far as him nipping on corals, so i want to know how he's doing in a small tank like yours!

Back