Update: Tank PICS

I am using IO salt. I educated myself on this salt AFTER I purchased a huge bucket full :) Nonetheless, I fixed the calcium and alkalinity problem that is associated with it and I have corraline growing everywhere already! My corals are also much more happier as they open wider and fuller.

The flame angel is doing great. He had a case of ich but with the help of the cleaner shrimp and seachem's garlic guard it seems to have passed. He does not nip at any of the corals that you see in the pics. He bothers all types of snails though, picking algae off their shells or biting off antenae. Other than that, he is a great addition.

I am a question? It looks like you have a torch coral pretty close to an xenia. Is it safe to keep them both that close to each other? Will a torch coral sting or kill an xenia is it is to close to it?

Corals can and will sting each other. Xenias are pretty harmless, as are torch corals, but some corals have really bad stings (galaxea and hydnopora come to mind). It's good practice to keep different species from touching each other, in general, but with things that spread so quickly (like xenia), that can be hard.

Back