Upgrading Tank

Greenman

Reefing newb
Im getting a 55gallon + stand and heater from a friend for 50$ and im going to be moving everything from my 29 gallon to the new tank. My big concern is I have a ton of mushrooms and kenya tree's and a few frogspawn frags inside the tank. Will my 36" T5 HO 154w light be alirght. I have a glass hood for it so I can center the light over the tank. There will be about 6 inches on both sides without the light over it but im still getting 3w per gallon just about. Will my corals be alright until I can upgrade to a 48inch fixture?

Im getting a 55gallon + stand and heater from a friend for 50$ and im going to be moving everything from my 29 gallon to the new tank. My big concern is I have a ton of mushrooms and kenya tree's and a few frogspawn frags inside the tank. Will my 36" T5 HO 154w light be alirght. I have a glass hood for it so I can center the light over the tank. There will be about 6 inches on both sides without the light over it but im still getting 3w per gallon just about. Will my corals be alright until I can upgrade to a 48inch fixture?

I do have a 48in t5ho im looking at getting rid of. Pm me if interested

at the moment im broke as hell. My fiance and I just had a bundle introduced to our lives so money's tied up in that poop machine lol. That's why im tryin to figure out if that 36" will suffice for now.

Stack your rocks toward the center of the tank so you can put the corals where they will receive the most light until you can upgrade lights. I would try to place them about the same distance below the water line that they are now as well.
Keep in mind, you will need more flow in the bigger tank as well.

I've got an extra powerhead i'll be sticking in there so flow should be covered. My biggest concern was the light. Height wise the new tank is only an inch higher so I should be pretty well off in that department

Back