Very discuraged new reefer...

benry

Reefing newb
Hey everyone, my name is ben. Im new to this siteand jsut wanted to say hi and tell you my story quick. I have been in this hobby for about a year and a half without much luck. I didn't know what i was doing and didn't even know these sites existed so i made an attemt at a system that has failed in my opinion for more reasons than i can list. I have had some really cool stuff for a short period of time and really enjoy this hobby but i don't want to throw any more money away.... Im moving within a month, and i have an empty 90 gal and 55 gal tank that are going to build my new system!!!!!!!! :) With your help we can make another Beautiful tank.

So i Do know a little bit about whats going on but i want to start from absolute scratch, as if i know nothing. Im going to start a system build thread later today under the newb section, we are going to start building a sump, then a stand, then an overflow and slowly but surely we will have fish!!! and eventually corals.

Welcome to the site Ben. You're off to the right start by asking questions. If you're unsure ask first and wait for the right answer before you move ahead. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here who love to help out a fellow reefer. Best of luck to you and the new build.

Thank you, Ive got lots of questions!!!! im justt rying to take it one step at a time becasue its very over welming. but with the move next month its even more pressure to have it done for the new place.

Welcome.
Check out all the other great build threads too. You can get lots of ideas and not have to reinvent the wheel. :)

Hello and welcome to the site...glad to have you. You've come to the right place, we'll get your system up and running in no time. :)

Hi Ben, nice to have you here. Like everyone has stated, ask any questions you have, even if it is just for reassurance. Looking forward to your build thread.

Hello and Welcome!

There are lots of stickies and articles on this site that have tons of really good information. I think you will learn a lot by reading them!

I like to start new projects from stratch and 'relearn' them. The first time around I usually go with what the pros say is the right way for a novice. Each time beyond that I try more 'my own way'. I am always a novice gaining experience. :)

It can be exciting to relearn a hobby. I like hydroponics and I'm relearning nutrient mixtures which is both fun and discouraging. The ready to add to water mixes were not that hard to learn, but having a whole raft of lettuce on your own batch turn wilty and tasteless.... ouch.

Don't get too discouraged. Enjoy the journey.

haha, im picking up what your laying down and that sound like a very depressing day!!!! but still encourges me to stand up and start over....

Back