video 850

That was a great vid those fish look beutifull. I wish I had a 850 or the will to care for a tank that big. Looks great.

I will get a vid of the tank, It is sitting in front of windows so I will need to take pics and vid at night so the glare doesn't mess with the pics. It is a walk around so I can get to one side with out to much light affecting it, let me work on it for yea.

I have had several of those fish for years, since they were small, most started in a 240, about 2 to 10 years ago. and yes algae is their favorite, I just have to show them the algae bag and they go crazy :)

I will get some filtration pics for yea and I have some updated pics I will be attaching (I need to download them into the computer) but here is some info for you for now.

Skimmer - 1200 gph H&S
Pump - 2 baraccuda's one is running the closed loop which is hooked up to a 4 way oceans motions the other pump runs the surge
8 - 400 watt metal halide 15k XM bulbs
4 - 6' VHO actinic
sump (the old 240gl tank)
2 - 55 gl dump tanks for surge system (this is still in the making)
refugiam
calcium reactor

we will be adding a phyto plankton reactor, a new computer system like an octopus

total water volume for the aquarium with the 4 species tanks, the 240 sump, the 2 55 gl drums and the refugiam puts the tank at just about 1200 gallons :)

wow! that's a lot of water. did you and your husband build all this?

yes we did, most of the machanics was/is his doing, I take care of the kids and keep it clean. (not the skimmer though :) we have that hooked into a drain and it has a flush valve so that we don't have to clean it.

here are some more pictures of the tank I tried to get pics from every angle.

still working on video.

fulltank011.jpg

fulltank010.jpg

fulltank009.jpg

my wife thought that was a turtle swimming in the tank and get very excited (last picture) - she has a thing for turtles :-) ... I'm assuming it's a sticker on the window right ???

winy, you trully inspire me. i'm just speechless from the pics. i can imagine how it looks actually standing next to it! maybe 10 years from now i will have a tank that looks half that good.

Back