Vinegar

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
Someone probably explained it somewhere, but I thought I'd ask anyway. I hated chemistry, so I don't know the effects of vinegar are in a tank.

Basically, I made a glass cleaner mix of 1 part distilled white vinegar, and 2 parts ro/di. I wasn't thinking and was carefully spraying directly on the glass, and a bit of mist entered the top. I've read the reason why it's best to use this kind of glass cleaner on a tank is cuz it's not fatal to a tank if it enters it. So what does vinegar do to the tank water if it enters, and how much is safe to have accidentally entered the tank?

Needless to say, I corrected myself and sprayed the mixture on my wipe cloth, and wiped the glass *just in case*.

I think you can use Vinegar to lower the PH in a tank if the PH is high...

Last edited:
It's not toxic. Worst thing it's going to do is drop your pH. And a mist from cleaning the glass isn't going to be enough to do anything.

Yeah my basement smelled like vinegar last night after wiping down my tanks LOL On the other hand, my tank is crystal clear now!

if it gets in the tank, it will become a carbon source for bacteria. It could make the water really cloudy if it's a lot. Otherwise, I don't think it'll hurt anything.

Back