waahhhhh :(

lilduud

Reefing newb
all my coralline is dying... the spots on the back of my tank will have little bits of orange in them and then the orange slowly moves around the spot trailing grey behind it... CLOD or what? how can i stop it? ps didnt know where to put this haha so move it

no none has been exposed to air unless maybe a bubble or two but its like a clear trail of grey following the orange...

false perc black clown, small sixline, mandarin dragonet are the only fish... the inverts are an emerald crab my derasa clam and my mexican turbo... ive been lengthening my time between water changes... its been 13 days since a 2 gallon change but the params are all zero.. today is the first day that nitrate is detectable but its much less than 5... its just darker than 0. im going to do one tomorrow regardless...

my calcium was between 350 and 450 like two or three days ago when itested but what i dont get is that it was 450 two weeks ago.

No. Unless you have a lot of SPS corals, the corals you have don't use up a lot of calcium. LPS and softies don't deplete it very quickly.

i have the large hunk of birdnest as well as three acros, a clam and all the other coral.. i just thought in a 10 gallon the calc would be gone in no time

hah no that must be different. that must have been orange coralline because i have pieces of that still in shaded spots... this is covering my purple coralline spots on the back glass and slowly working overthem leaving grey behind.. the other stuff is still there and orange and didnt turn grey... its like after 12-24 hours of the orange being there it turns to dead coralline.

as of this morning here are my levels; fourteen days from last water change.
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 0 ppm
pH: 8.2
Calcium: aprox 400 ppm

but its not the rate of growth.... the coralline i have now is dying.
i will also get the magnesium and alk tests but it seems like a disease or bacteria rather than a deficiency.

Back