Wanting to get Corals for tank and need some info.

donlankford

Addicted Reefer
I want to add some corals to my tank. My lighting situation is 1 36 watt True Actinic 03 Blue Straight Pin, 1 36 watt 10,000K Daylight Straight Pin, 3 .75 watt Lunar Blue-Moon-Glow LED (nightlite). Pump flow rate is 243gph. What types of corals can i get with this lighting and flow? what is a good anemone for a ocellarius clownfish that can survive with these lights and flow if any? tank has been up for 3 months now and gonna wait another 3 months before adding corals, so i wanted to know what are some things i can do to prepare the tank for the addition of the corals or anemone? test kits that i might need? Supplements if any i might need?

You really dont need to supplement any of those corals and doing so usually just ends up harming your water quality more than benefiting your corals. You also dont need to dose those coral additives (like calcium or alkalinity) unless your water test show a proven need for them. Overdoses are easy to do and often deadly

+1 on not getting the nem. Nems need AWESOME water quality which is really hard to accomplish in a nano tank. The guys who keep nano tanks with nems usually have skimmers rated for 55 gal tanks. They are awesome but if you dont have perfect water params that never move, it will just die and nuke your tank.

Back