water change

up to you. The more frequent, the better I say. Weekly is tops. Others will tell you differently. Even give you math equations to prove their point (Hawk...:bowdown:). In the end, it is up to you and what keeps your tank healthy. The more you stock your tank, the faster it gets messy and the more often you need to do water changes and the bigger the water changes. A good rule of thumb is 10% of your tank when you do a change. You can probably get away with every two weeks if your tank is lightly stocked, but do weekly when your tank is fully stocked.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

What a kiss ass Biff. By the looks of your tank you dont even know what a water change is. LOL J/K

Hahaha. Okay, I should rephrase... Before this summer, I did 10% once a week. And throughout the summer I should have been doing 10% once a week. But I got distracted and didn't. Happy Bobby??? :)

Yeah I'm a little confused as to why fellow AFT members (BOBBY!) are dissing each other's amazing algae cultivating skills. Because that's what it is -- a skill.

I'm not lazy. And I am not poor. If I was lazy, I would not have fixed up my new 240 gallon. And if I was poor, I sure as hell could not afford the lights for it that I bought this weekend.

Looks like im a little late on this thread.But I do 10 gallons a week on my 75,and 5 gallons in my(the wifes) 30.

Back