water change?

mmfrock

Reefing newb
Do I have to do a water change? It's been almost a month since my last water change, but i tested and everything is good! Ph 8.0 (thats where it always is, i cannot get it any higher) nitrates 0 and all the animals look happy. What do you all think? Is there any purpose for a water change when the chemistry is still ok?

To replenish calcium,alk and other trace minerals that get used up by the growth of corals and coraline. If you dont have corals, then you can probably go longer, but I try to keep it at once a week.

u do a water change once a week? wow, that's a lot! When i had my 90 gallon, i did it twice a month and my corals grew beautifully and i had tons of coraline.

If that's better for you to do your water changes every two weeks/2x month, then that will be adequate enough also. Just try to do a larger percentage when you do.

Just keep an eye on your tank, after you have it for awhile you will see what is best for your tank.. Mine runs well on around 20% twice a month..

u do a water change once a week? wow, that's a lot! When i had my 90 gallon, i did it twice a month and my corals grew beautifully and i had tons of coraline.

I do a 4-5 gallon a week on my 30 gallon tank. I prefer to try and keep things stable. Large swings IMO are just as bad as bad water params.

OK, thanks. I think i'll stick with 2x a month, that always did fine for me before and i had a beautiful tank. I wish i had that tank back now lol. It'll get there, one day, just takes time.

Back