Water Current

KatiB

Reefing newb
I am trying to figure out what is the "correct" current. I have the 2 sotck PHs (JBJ Nano) pointing toward the surface to ripple the water. (They alternate 2 min apart) I have one K1 pointing along the back over the top of the rocks and back wall. (I had a dead spot of yuck building up - all clear now.) I also have a K-nano if the 1 is too much.....

Everything seems to be "flying around the tank". The sand is fine....no sand storms. :) The Xenias are fluttering around and the Feather is blowing....the fire fish is currently swimming mid tank facing into the current (he just got fed) Maybe I am just used to the slower FW tanks.....

How much is good on average?

Right now I have:

1 Xenia group
1 Feather Duster
1 Fire Fish
CuC

Nothing is blowing directly on any of the inhabitants....just water flow....

What people have told me is as long as the sand isn't flying you can never have too much current. I've got my two pumps running on 90 sec. cycles and 2 Koralia Nanos (425 & 240 gph) running in my tank.

:) Cool. i just look at the Feather and Xenias and wonder if they are 'supposed' to blow like that. :D It isn't like they are being flattened or anything. And the feather stays out 99% of the time. The Xenias are pulsing away. Guess I am just paranoid of doing something wrong and killing everything! :)

You have 2 Koralis in there? LOL I thought the 1 K1 was pushing it. lol

Last edited:
Back