Water temp too high

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I used to be able to keep it at 76F but since then I have added a small whisper pump and 2 more powerheads and now it is always 79F-81F.

I am pretty sure it went up prior to that but it is always high now.

I am not getting a chiller and was going to build a slanted computer fan holder to blow on top of the water but is that really something that will work.

I don't want one of those huge clamp on fans I see on peoples tanks.

Any ideas or suggestions.

Yep, unlike mine, ARGHH. Mine goes from 25C to 28C in 2 hours when i run my MH. I need some kind of desk fan running off the water! :roll: Always something!!

Yep, unlike mine, ARGHH. Mine goes from 25C to 28C in 2 hours when i run my MH. I need some kind of desk fan running off the water! :roll: Always something!!

When are you Canadians going to realize that Americans are far too dumb and lazy to try to figure out what your Celsius and Liters Mumbo Jumbo is all about.

If you want us to show concern for your tank, you're going to have to relay the information in terms we can understand. Like Farenheit.

As far as I know, your tank could be 2000 degrees F...and I'm too old to Google it or try to learn some new fangled math.

Damn Canadians...

Did I say that outloud?

:D

They make small fans that will clip on the aquarium. My Halides will make my temp swing 2 degrees throughout the day and I've never had an issue with it hurting anything, and that's just the best I can do on my tank.

Do you have the possibility of lifting the halides and hanging them? Or are they on the light brackets. I ended up hanging mine from the ceiling.

They are on brackets on the side of the aquarium, its a good 6 inches above the water already, think imma get a table fan and put her there! :D

When are you Canadians going to realize that Americans are far too dumb and lazy to try to figure out what your Celsius and Liters Mumbo Jumbo is all about.

If you want us to show concern for your tank, you're going to have to relay the information in terms we can understand. Like Farenheit.

As far as I know, your tank could be 2000 degrees F...and I'm too old to Google it or try to learn some new fangled math.

Damn Canadians...

Did I say that outloud?

:D

Hahaha! PRC might be the voice of our subconscious here... He says out lout what everyone else must be thinking. :lol:

I am new and have water temperature questions. My tank only has sand and water as of saturday and today I will be adding live rock.

I use a digital thermometer and got a reading of 83*F yesterday at the peak of the day and heat, then after all night I measured again this morning and it was 79*.

Problem is my house is way older historic house that is ran by wall AC. I fear that the water will not get much colder until winter time comes around.

Can a maintain and sustain a healthy living environment for fish and coral with the water at this temperature?

You can try a clip on fan to blow across the top of your tank. You can put one on the sump as well. That should help bring the temp down a few degrees.

I would try and get it a little lower to 81ish if you can. Try adding a small clip on fan to blow across the top of the water, it should help keep your temp a few degrees lower.

Also, when you add your live rock remember to take some of the tank water out to account for the displacement.

Back