Water temp

Robtv

Reefing newb
Biocube 29 my temp has been at about 82 degree for about 4 days what would be a good temp to maintain at Currently housing a few snails , hermits 1 starfish and 3 peppermint shrimp

With my Biocube 14 the temps are allways about 81*. I have made some mods to the fans that help with the temps. From my research and reading posts on this site its more about consistency and not havingg big temp swings in the tank. If things seem ok with the tank at 82* then I wouldnt worry about it to much.
Before I made the fan mods the tank was hovering at 83* plus and it was like that for a while. I also keep frozen bottles of water to drop in every now and again if both lights are on.

As Shane said, its more about consistency. This is especially tricky for the smaller biocubes and such, because their temp can swing a lot more.

I would suggest buying a small fan to blow accross the top to blow any stagnant hot air created from the lights away. That along with a heater to make sure the temp doesnt drop much and you should be able to keep a pretty steady temp :)

82* is a lil high, it can be fine at that temp but your pushing it. If anything were to cause it to spike higher it wouldnt take much to start harming stuff. A better temp would be 78-80* :)

I guess your fine for now b/c all that you have are a bunch of inverts in the tank. When the temp hit 82 in my 29 bio, I simply just left the front & back lids (on the top) open & the temp droped by 2.5 degrees.

82° isn't bad, like mentioned, as long as your temp isn't swinging up and down constantly, your tank is ok. The key to saltwater is stability, which you have.

Back