Water Temperature?

I tihnk knowing that you have an 18watt fluorescant, what is your temperature in your room? this could be contributing during the day

hrmm, fair enough, wel lthe two things to do, is the fan, and bringing up the temperature like biff said, Try bringing the temperature to 82 at night, and see if it stays constant during the day. If so, problem solved, if not, try a fan :)

the heater i have cannot be adjusted, its preset to 78 degrees.
And no, the tank is not in the sun

i will try the fan today when i turn on the lights and see how it goes

This is what ive decided to do.
I put on the lid at night and take it off when the lights are on.
This seems to work well keeping water temp around 82

Not even gunna lie, the last 2 weeks ive had heater issues and weather here going up and down and ive had 4 degree drops over the corse of a day....not big has happened yet but i tell you what...i dont like it. Both fawking heaters i bought took a dump. Marineland blows and will never suggest them. My hydor lasted 10 months.....any suggestions here?

I definatly agree.
I am also using a marineland heater and it sucks.
The room temp is usually pretty consistant at 72 degrees, but
my tank sometimes has temp swings of 6 degrees within a few hours!
Im gonna buy an adjustable heater next time instead of preset.

Get a heater, then a digital temp meter. Then you can adjust the heater per the digital meter instead of going off of what the heater thinks. I know that the heaters after time they tend to go out of the +- accurate ranges. I've got one heater set at 74 the other set at 72 and the tank is 79. :mrgreen: Wether is summer or winter.

If you have the money I would get a controller. I have the reef keeper light basic for $120 and it keeps the temp within .1 degrees, it is great

Back