What are my/it's chances

andersoned14

Reefing newb
I have made a major mistake:frustrat: I took the cover off the emperor 400 on my QT and my puffer got stuck in the filter pipe. He was only in there a minute when I noticed and turned the filter off and pushed him back out. Then he puffed up which is to be expected since he is now stressed. With in the hour he has "unpuffed" and swimming around as normal. I fed him and he eats like normal. No marks or other injures I can see for now. WHAT DO YOU THINK ITS CHANCES ARE ON MAKING IT???? My four year was pretty broke up when he saw he farvorite fish stuck in the filter. Any thing I could do to help the fish now??
b4209ca0.jpg

fb77346c.jpg

here are pics of him puffed. cool but I don't think it is a good thing:HELP!:

The puffing is a natural defense system for him. He'll be okay. Mine did that years ago when he was trying to eat an Emerald crab, the crab pinched him and he blew up. I thought it was cool. He was fine after that. You just don't want to get in the habit of "making" them do that to see it, or show people.

Fish are a lot tougher than we give them credit for.If he's not already belly up,chances are he'll be fine.
+1 everybody.

Back