what are these

daugherty

part time reefer
008-8.jpg

011-8.jpg

006-8.jpg

ya know i have these little tube things all over my rock and never put 2 and 2 together there seems to be nothing in them but just this patch and another one. i am not shure if i can get this rock out or not.

Heres something I just thought of.
Get a box of baking soda and bake it.That will give it a high PH.Then mix a couple of teaspoons full in a glass of RO/DI water.Then use a hyperdermic needle and shoot a few of the hydroids up.The combination of the baking soda buffer along with the high PH inside the animal may kill it.
Just a thought.

I'm guessing yellow colonial polyps.

GASP!!!! What happened to your lovely avatar?

I appreciate the change in avatar. It's not that I am too tightly wound, but I do have a hard time having my kids come in the room when they are bouncing. Plus, I just always associate Daughtery with his current avatar.

Heres something I just thought of.
Get a box of baking soda and bake it.That will give it a high PH.Then mix a couple of teaspoons full in a glass of RO/DI water.Then use a hyperdermic needle and shoot a few of the hydroids up.The combination of the baking soda buffer along with the high PH inside the animal may kill it.
Just a thought.

i made a thick baking soda soultion and all it did was made them close up for a couple hours some of them have not opened back up yet but many of them did. so i guess that works some times on some of them.

Didnt know if it work on hydroids or not since I've not had that fight yet.
Works like a charm on aiptasia though.

well i went after them again tonight i went to the local farm store and got some needles for cows and went home and mixed up some kalk and stuck the damb things it feels like they have a meaty center and when i injected them most of the solution stayed inside them it seemed so i hope i got them it has been about 45 min to an hour and they have not came back out yet. here is my hydroid battle kit

019-4.jpg

Back