What ate one of hermit crabs?

recliner

Reefing newb
I just found a chunk of hermit crab. All that was left was 3 little legs and his 2 small pinchers and a little bit of flesh. The only thing I have that I think would eat it is a purple lobster. With his claws stet he'd out in front to the tip of his tail he is about 6". Am I right thinking he is the killer?
The rest of my livestock:
Clowns, tomni tang, falco hawkfish, chromis, elibi angel, Sleeper banded goby
5-6 emerald crabs, chocolate starfish, Blood red shrimp, and lots of snails..

Listing everything off made me realize I haven't seen my other starfish in a while. It was about 1.5" across, red and was kind of bristly. Also it seems like I have fewer snails then I used to.

With the missing 2nd starfish, maybe my chocolate chip star is the killer. I'd prefer him because at least he's easy to catch and remove.

Oh no! Not Hank! (my hawkfish)

It wasn't a molt, there was a lot of flesh and meat still attached to the legs and claws. I was really hoping it was the chocolate chip star cause he'd be easy to remove. So the lobster isn't a good suspect?

I'd love to get rid of the lobster. Any way to get him with out removing 200 pounds of live rock and coral from my tank?

I have a falco, he is one nasty little booger. Ate my surprise royal gramma on me lol. I have no clue how you are going to get the lobster out though, best of luck.

Back