What bulbs to get??

Then i would go with dual phoenix 14K's, and for actinics a couple Giesemann Actinic+'s.

Those phoenix just really can't be beaten when it comes to DE, IMO.

tank using dual phoenix bulbs.... looks amazing!
DSC03540.jpg

Last edited:
are the t-5's used purely for supplementing the color of the halide

Pretty much... I prefer the look of the Actinic+ (a little brighter than pure actinic) so I can do a nice dusk to dawn setup, and then I turn my T5's off when the MH come on.... but a lot of people love the more blue look and go for the pure actinics and run them while the MH's are on... it really depends on your preference.

But yeah, actinics really make the colors pop.

ok thats what i was looking at at the moment.. just wanted to make sure i didnt need to add midday t5's or something

nah... no need to wash out the nice blue color on those lamps with a midday.

Oh, and to dustin's question on actinics.... a lot of people will use a 10k lamp to get great growth, but throw on the actinics to try to bring the color back out of their colors...

Very cool, check my site out sometime, I give free shipping on all items at any cost, and will meet or beat any site :P

Anyone who wants to give me a try for the first time, can have 10% off any order over $100... I'm creating the coupon right now. Just enter LivingReefs. :D

Last edited:
will do, didnt realize you were a vendor or i would have definitely went with you.. thanks for the great advice :) and will keep you in mind

will do, didnt realize you were a vendor or i would have definitely went with you.. thanks for the great advice :) and will keep you in mind

thanks man! I don't blame you at all, I had to put some effort into equaling and beating aquacave's prices :P They're honestly a great business.

Enjoy your bulbs, let me know how they turn out... this site needs some more FTS's on it :P (full tank shots)

Very cool, check my site out sometime, I give free shipping on all items at any cost, and will meet or beat any site :P

Anyone who wants to give me a try for the first time, can have 10% off any order over $100... I'm creating the coupon right now. Just enter LivingReefs. :D
Do you carry South Pacific Sunlight (SPS) 250w SE 10K bulbs?

Back