What color?

What color is your background? (pre-coralline)

• Total voters

michelle

Reefing newb
I am going to spray paint the back of my 72 gallon when I get it. I have been trying to decide between blue and black. I was also wondering about maybe a blue/green or marine color...any opinions? has anyone ever tried a color other then black or blue?
I like the "rich" look of the black, but the stand and canopy is black, and I don't want it to bee too dark. I like the bright blue, but wonder if I would get bored of it.

ok, so here is is a quick poll
Blue, Black or OTHER (please specify)

I always thought I wanted a black background but upon my girlfriend and roommates suggestion I went a cool blue color and I couldn't be more happy. I don't think black looks natural no matter how much the corals stand out next to it. Trust me they stand out next to a darkish blue color too.

I have a black stand and black background. I switched to black after having blue on my old 55. Since I have had both, I can say I like black better. Much more POP to the colors.

was thinking about putting a mirror behind me tank wonder what hat would look like

Bit I had black
I really wanted to do that, i thought it would look great, but then i thought that it may drive some fish that don't like conspecifics crazy...but if you do it, lemme know how it works out!

I used to use a mirror to run my foxface back from the seaweed clip so I could feed him.He'd see his reflection and dive into the rocks and go camo.

Back