What do you all think??

DVH

Reefing newb
This is not going to be a right or wrong thread, but more of an insight thread, and what you all think. Getting back into the hobby six months ago after a 20 year hiatus, i started out thinking maybe a few fish, some inverts, and maybe dabbling in corals. After setting everything up i realized i caught the bug. I realized how much i loved this hobby. Now i want to take this to another level. My main goal now is to start coral farming, not so much for profit as it is for the challenge, i mainly want to farm sps and lps and as my skills improve i want to do rare corals such as acan's, donut, and chalice. I have alot to learn and am doing this slowly. Which brings me to What do you all think. In my research i've come to the conclusion that each coral family has it's own requirements, sps's require strong light, strong intermitent water flow and nutrient free water, lps's require low to strong light(dependent on the species), low to med. water flow and lower nutrient water, zoa's and soft corals seem to need higher nutrients and varied light and water flow. When i start the farming tank's i'm thinking of setting up seperate grow tanks for each coral family so they get the best conditions for there needs. I was wondering if this would be the best route to go? Or would i be okay with placing all the corals i want to grow together in one tank? Thanks for input.

I would just do one tank, and try to accommodate them all...it can be done, and it'll be easier and cheaper for you. Good luck with your future endeavors.

One tank mutliple levles of eggcrate for placement, and plenty of ways to adjust flow. The best way, farming corals isnt difficult.

Back