what do you do with your "used" water?

well, my system isnt set up like that, i have a sepperate greywater line, only the bathrooms go into the actual septic, the rest of the greywater goes through a greasetrap, then onto an intermediate chamber, then out to the field drains off the septic... so theres really no laundry water or bleach or any of that... soap from the sinks and showers, yea, and i dont use chemical drain cleaners... But i do see your point...

oh, and 30 gallons is definately not 2 shouwers worth in my house... i'm one of thoes long and hot shower people... i know, not so planet friendly, but we all have our faults :)

i dont have a commercial 4 element 80 gallon water heater for nuth'n!!! i can run both showers, the dish washer, and the washing machine and never get below 130F outta the tank...

course, with my crappy water pressre, its only a trickle, but its a hot trickle!!! hehehehehehe

Do the same thing as they do for water softeners. They dig a hole about 4ft deep by 2ft round. Fill 2ft of gravel. Put the drain hose into the gravel. Fill up rest with dirt. Now you can pump your waste water right outside underground and it won't hurt anything. I personelly dump mine out under the porch. Nothing grows there anyways.

I just pour mine down the toilet, we have a sewer system, so I don't have to worry about filling up the septic.

yea va, thats kinda sorta what i was thinking about doing... i'll prolly still end up doing that, just cause then i can have the drain on the system plumbed in perm...

Call me a city slicker but why do you need bacteria in a septic tank? Don't they come out and suck it all out anyways? Don't understand why you would need bacteria in such an odd ball place :shock:

yea, the bacteria that you want in the septic tank will eat all of the solids that go into the tank, they convert them to liquids(mostely) and thoes are then flushed out down the drain lines...

without the bacteria, the tank would fill up much more quickly, and thus you'd have to get it pumped out...

I suppose in a perfect world, you could get enough bacteria in the tank so that you'd never have to have it pumped, but i dont think that ALL of the solids are converted, and so, i think that eventually you'd still have to have it pumped, but were comparing once every 25 years, to every year, and at anywhere between 600-1000 a pop, i'll choose once every 25 years...

"i think maybe you took what i was meaning to be funny, and took it too serously, i was only having some linguistic entertainment, thus the :mrgreen: k? no harm or malace intended, just trying to get a laugh..."

lol dont worry im a nice guy.

Back