What do you think about this lighting /suggestions

Thanks Biff, I didn't think 6 bulbs would be enough ... would clams and anems in the sandbed be ok or would they have to be higher?

That's more than enough for a 75. I use the Nova Extreme Pros on my 90. The important thing is the Pros have individual reflectors around each bulb. The regular Nova Extremes do not. Individual reflectors increase the amount of light that gets to your tank by 200% to 300% (depending on who you ask).

Thanks Biff, I didn't think 6 bulbs would be enough ... would clams and anems in the sandbed be ok or would they have to be higher?

Absolutely,the individual reflectors helps the light penetrate deeper into the water.If you have an extra $100 to spare.The Tek Elites have even better reflectors and at this website,you can pick out your own bulbs.The stock bulbs in the Nova's are mediocre at best.Using the right bulbs can double the PAR.

http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5...ixture_w!_Bulbs_(Graphite)_by_Sunlight_Supply

+1 Reeffreak on the bulbs. I am using the stock Nova bulbs because when I bought the fixture, I didn't want to spend even more money up front when it already came with bulbs. But I am anxiously awaiting the time to come when I have to replace my bulbs! Maybe I will even do it sooner... Bulb quality makes a HUGE difference in the tank's appearance.

Back