ReefyCane

SuperNewbie
Aquarium: 125 Gal. w/Stand, Sump, & MH Lighting

• 125 gallon glass aquarium
o Dimensions (L x W x H): 72” x 18” x 22”
o Pre-drilled
o Two black overflows
o Return water plumbed through overflow assemblies

• Black, wooden aquarium stand (3 doors for access)

• 30 gallon glass sump

• Return pump (Mag Drive)

• Live Sand

• Live Rock

• Coralife Aqualight Pro Light Fixture, including
o Legs
o Hanging kit
o 3 x 150 watt 10000K MH
o 4 x 96 watt Actinic Power Compacts
o 4 Lunar lights
o Light fixture is less than a year old

The guy wants to sell it to me for $575. I told him I would think about it, although I am scared I might not be ready for such a large tank.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
ReefyCane

Also, would my house be able to hold the weight of such a large tank or would I need to go underneath and reinforce the flooring? My house is a stick built with crawl space....wood floors.

Thanks,
RC

I would jump all over that. as for the floor joists just look in your crawl space to see which way they run north to south or east to west. so if they run north to south you want to put your tank east to west.

Last edited:
:pooh:

better jump on that fast. great deal. tank is $375 new, stand about $200, rock (if it is 125 lbs) would be more than $500 - great deal.

Look to put the tank on a weight bearing wall. it will do just fine. I have my 90 going along the studds instead of across the studds. i bet you will be just fine

-Doc

NO! Don't buy it. It is freakin cheap. You rarely see those setups being sold that dirt cheap.
kidding aside, go run and don't look back before it's gone. BUY IT!
and about your worries that wether you're ready for that size tank or not, believe me, when it is up you will be happy. I started witha a 55 gal and regret it and Upgraded to a 120 after 2 months.

Back