What is it?

mng777777

Shark Wrangler Wannabe
I know I have seen these online and thought they were called glass corals, but I can't find anything to confirm it and I am just curious what I have here. I would appreciate your input! It looks like a clear mushroom with white dots.
IMG00003-20090628-1502.jpg
IMG00004-20090628-1503.jpg

Thanks guys! After reviewing both of your suggestions, I think Biff's got this one because it doesn't have the structure in the center like the Caryophyllia. I will keep an eye on it and try to get more pics if it gets bigger. It's hard to shoot because it's clear. It's been there now for a few weeks and it opens nicely every day. It's neat to see these hitchhikers pop up seemingly out of no where. It's on one of my original pieces of LR and I haven't added anything new in a while. :) Hopefully somemore will pop up, maybe even some of the more colorful ones I found while googling.

Those hitch hiking corals are probably my favorites.
I've got several that I spot feed just because they add that natural touch to the tank.

I think I will do the same. I think it would be wonderful if I could get this to spread a bit. It's beautiful!

Back