What is next...?

aquacave.com has it for 10.95 +s/h

NOT A FERTILIZER: Purple Upâ„¢ encourages the growth of desirable pink and purple coralline algaes not nuisance algaes not nuisance algaes.

UNIQUE DUAL METHOD APPROACH TO CORALLINE ALGAE ACCELERATION:
IONIC CALCIUM: Immediately raises dissolved calcium levels in your aquarium water. 10 MICRON ARAGONITE: Targets the live rock surface, where it dissolves in situ, delivering calcium, strontium, magnesium, and carbonate right where it's needed.
IODINE REPLENISHMENT: Purple Upâ„¢ also replenishes iodine, an essential element for coralline algae tissues that becomes quickly depleted in closed systems.

EASY TO USE: One bottle of Purple Upâ„¢ repaces the typical multi product recipe for successful coralline algae growth favored by advanced aquarists.

CONTAINS SUPER SEA CALCIUMâ„¢: Natural calcium derived from pristine, tropical oceans.

AquaCave - Detail

Jermpool,

I went to check on Aquacave.com and they have real good prices!! I have been missioning since yesterday to find places that sells the Kent Marine Iodine, and Liquid calcium as well as strontum and the buffer DKH and the Purple up. They sell it for $21.00(Kent marine iodine, calcium....) at my LFS!! Not talking about the purple up at $27.00 a bottle!!!!:shock: So I have been looking online and usually, shipping prices are up the roof as I live in Canada. Aquacave.com charged me $7.00 for shipping for all that stuff!!! Plus not to mention that their stuff is more then half the price of my LSF! Great place to shop at! Great Prices! Now, lets just see how fast stuff will get here....

I think aquacave.com will be my new shopping place for my tank!! I usually don t mind paying a couple $$ extra ay my LFS, but the calcium, iodine and so on was just a total rip off!!! Almost triple the price!!

Hahaha!!!!

Of course you told me all about it!!!! But i was talking about the website (www.aquacave.com)!! They sell everything for cheap with cheap shipping charges! My rocks can live for a week or 2 without these things in the water right....???

Here is what i bought:

- Kent marine Iodine
- Kent marine Liquid Calcium
- Kent marine Strontium & Molybdenum
- Kent marine Pro Buffer dKH
- Caribsea Purple Up

And That's all... Enogh for today.... lol.... But for real, my rocks can wait right??? As I already have 90 LBS of live rock in there, and ordered another 50 lbs that I should get soon... Wanna make sure it s not all gonna die cause this stuff is not in the water...

no it will be fine the only thing the chemicals are going to do is help raise any organisms in there that may turn to corals it will be fine for that period of time, is the rock cured already?

Oh ok... Just don t want 140 LBS of live rock to go down the drain..

Hum, Well I bought 40 LBS from a local LSF where I could pick the pieces I wanted and grabbed the last 40 LBS of "pretty" Fiji live rock they had. The rest was all bowling ball size pieces and didn t looked good at all.... ANyhow, the 40 lbs I bought was in a tub on the ground with some fish in it.. So I guess the curing process started on that 40 Lbs... Lets say it was most probably half cured.... There was still some guppy stuff on it and water was still smelly....

So drove to another Fish Store and when I asked for live rock, they told me all they had was what was in the tanks in the middle. Whatever they had did not impressed me, so one guy came up to me telling me they just received a shipment in the back and they had caseS of the fiji live rock. The guy told me it was real ugly rocks and did not seemed like he wanted to sell this to me. So I asked to see! All rocks were full of algae, coraline, nice size pieces with nice shape... I even found a crab in one.... So these one were not cured no.. But the rocks looked real good!!!! so I took 50 LBS of Non cured rocks.... I assumed it was not cured as it was still in the cases they ship it in from Fiji...(Live rock- This side up-> ) boxe...

And I purchased another 50 LBS online and they say the rocks are pre-cured.... Which I don t have a clue of what the difference is between pre-cured, and NOT cured... I still haven t receuved it yet, but I think they will ship it out tomorow and will receive it on monday.. Or something like that...But Anyhow.. I have all the time in my hands.... There is no fish in the tank, so i figured it would be easyer to buy all the rocks at first, then deal with the curing process directly in my tank... then wait until i have fish and have to do it in a separate bucket and so on,,,, So Anyhow... Yeah.. This is the rock story...lol....:^:

ok so your gonna cure and complete the curing process in your tank just remember use the lights 10-12 hrs so that what is on there that is alive doesnt die, and do frequent water changes and I would suggest higher than normal rate of water change being as your curing that much rock I would prolly do about a 30-50% water change a week to keep the cycle from overloading with nits and amonia. In up to 2 weeks to a month you should be fine doing that kind of water change your not going to have to worry about your lvls dropping so that should do fine and I would wait till the rock is completely cured (smells like a fresh ocean breeze) before worring about adding chemicals.

P.S. I want some pics when your done.

Yes. I will definetely send you some pix once I receive my other 50 lbs of live rock so you get to see what it looks like even tho is it not sured (and the small dosn t come with the picture)!!! lol...

I bought a Current USA Outer Orbit 48" light on Dec 20th! I think they just shipped it out to me yesterday because of the holiday season.. Richt now, i just have a regular aquarium hood with a regular fluorescent bulb in there (for freshwater...) I leave it on 24 hours a day.... I think the bulb is only like 60 watts or something like that!! I m mad that my other light is still nowhere to be seen! Makes me mad to pay so much for something, and you have to wait 3 weeks before it is shipped out!!! You think my rocks will survive.. ???there again, i have to wait until I receive the light fixture...:frustrat:

Don't have a clue!!! I wish I knew!! All I know is that they were supposed to ship it out yesterday by Airmail. So Hopefully soon... maybe 5 days...?!?

I also have to go buy buckets for the water change! But it won't fit in my car!!! SO Ive been draging my friends along, trying to go to a store where they sell the big plastic bins... I think I'll try and drag one of my friend there tonight, so i can premix some water and make a water change in a couple days.... How Long should I wait before i do a water change once the salt is mixed with the water?

Wait until your salt is reading the desired specific gravity and temp is the same as the tank, 24 hrs after if the readings are the same go ahead and add it. Make sure you have circulation of some sort in the contain maybe a powerhead and a heater as for your lights you should be ok if its just that short of time span it will all come back to life and youll be flipping out over what you notice in just two days time :)

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should of seen me when I found a crab!! I made a scene I think... All my friends were drinking and laghing their as* off!!!!!!!!!! I noticed a couple dead shrimp floating... is that normal??? I guess the shrimps were in the rocks...

Do you really think that some stuff will grow on the rocks??? Like what..??? I just can't wait to see that.. LMAO!!!

lol yeah your amonia is prolly spikeing, and I dont think stuff will grow on it, I know stuff will grow on it when its cured your water parimeters are correct, and you have good lighting then there is no telling what you will have but I will give you some examples you will have feather dusters, algae plants (there good nothing to worry about), clams, spaghetti worms, starfish, bristle worms, sponges, possibly corals and anemones and more you just have to wait to find out :)

Really... Clams...??? Like the pretty ones???:^: Worms...??? Or sphagetti worms.... ?!? Do I really want that in my tank? Can i just vacum the worms out??? There s 2 things that I absolutely can't stands, worms and spiders.... How can a sea star grow from a rock?:question: lol.... Salt water's got a world of it's own..lol... Wow.. Well.... Can't wait to see at least 1 thing grow from these rocks once the rocks are cured...lol....

What about the purple up? Do you think I could put some of that in my water even tho the rocks are not cured yet? Or should I wait til is is fully cured to put some of that in??

I dont think anything could hurt it at this time with the exception of the amonia, if you wish to experiment then be my guest. Now the worms or benificial to your tank I would leave them untill they get too big or unruly then I would worry over remving them. The starfish will hitchhike in the rock as well as snails and crabs as you have already learned. The clams arent like your thinking of however when you see a rock open and close youll flip a wig. you could end up with a fish or two I was at a site earlier where a guy got a large shipment of rock and ended up with two gobies check out Wetwebmedia, Aquarium, Pond, Marine and Freshwater Fish, reef tanks, and Aquatics Information and do some research on hitchiker on live rock. That will give you a better Idea. :)

how big is "too big" for those worms?? That is freaky!!

Anyhow, I will definetely have a look at this site!! Thank you so much for all your answers to my 1001 questions!!

Back