What is the best T5HO fixture out there now for a 75 gallon tank

hawkboys10

Reefing newb
Looking for a good T 5 HO fixture for my 75 gallon reef and fish tank. I would like to upgrade to a 100 gallon within a year, so need it to work for both. I want something that will grow my corals. Thanks for any advice!!!

aquatinics or tek both make good lights. I personally bought a Catalina, which is more of a budget decision, but it has individual reflectors, workhorse ballasts, and is waaay less. This is kind of a loaded question......lol

The aquatinics TX5 would work. Just make sure that the fixture you get has individual reflectors. Unless the 100 gallon is going to be 48" long than most fixtures will not work for both the 75 and 100.

Glad to see somebody else has tried the Catalina Lights. They are budget lights. I wouldn't call them the cheapest thing out there. I think they are middle-of-the-road lights. Nothing to fancy. But they work good.

I am also planning on going with the catalina solar t-5 8x54w. You should be asking what you are willing to spend because it seems like you could spend a fortune on t-5 fixtures also. and as salty said a 75g 48" fixture wont work on a 100g 72" long tank. Oh i did have the nova extreme pro 6x54 that were 350 shipped. i liked them but had to sell them seeing as i ran into a personal problem. I didnt care for how loud the fans were but that is my opinion. im going with the catalina this time 2 more lights better reflectors and moonlights for 100 bucks more.

hey awesome Ive decided on getting rid of all my equiptment if your interested I have a 48" tek light fixture 6bulb 324 watt ,I was able to keep a nem and clam in my tank lights at about 3 months old I think and so are the bulbs

Back