What is this coral?

Tango

Reefing newb
What is this coral?

I just bought a frag of it two days ago and it won't open.

Spot feed it mysis and no movement!

Any tips?

I also removed it into a tupperware container and let food float for a while in there and nothing.

I believe this is a dandro and thats what it was sold to me as, but I'm starting to think Sun Coral. I'll let you the experts chime in. THANKS!

Attachments

• dendro.jpg
    dendro.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 731
Pink Sun coral. very picky eaters. You'll have to train it to open by feeding it at the same time of day. Also, it's important to feed each head.

They are non-photosynthetic. Put it in the shade -- under a ledge or something like that. It's heads may only open at night. Like Evan said, you'll have to feed it by hand once a day. They are pretty demanding corals.

Dendros are basically the same a sun corals, and unless you can show us a picture of the open polyps its pretty hard to tell the different. Dendros have the same care requirements as a sun coral.

Dendros are basically the same a sun corals, and unless you can show us a picture of the open polyps its pretty hard to tell the different. Dendros have the same care requirements as a sun coral.

Yah, but Denros are easier and are open throughout the day. Thats why I prefer Dendros over Sun Coral

Yah, but Denros are easier and are open throughout the day. Thats why I prefer Dendros over Sun Coral

I disagree. Dendros will also tend to stay closed during the day, unless you train them to a feeding schedule. I don't think they are any easier. They require the same care.

if thats a dendro , thats ATLEAST a 1000$ piece here , each head cost about 40-50$ each

but yeah looks more like a suncoral, if you have the patients sun corals can and will come out during the day you just have to train them

It looks like a sun coral to me also. Dendros go for 15 dollars a head versus sun coral 40 bucks for a decent sized colony. Also dendros are larger. about the same size as duncans.

Back