What is this?

Yep. Keep up with them and kill them as you see them, and they'll eventually be eradicated. Since you only had one, you may not have to worry about an epidemic. Just keep an eye out for them.

I had some of thoses little pests and they'll mutiply in no time thoses little basterds...Sorry about that i had a problem with them too...LOL. A friend of mine told me to use pickleing lime used for canning food (very cheep I bought it at the food store) he's used this methode for a long time....I tryed it and it works well just try and not get any on your correlline alge it well bleach a spot out fast....i mixed it 2 table spoons of pickling lime to 1 spoon water or untill it looks a thick past...I used a medicine surenge squrting the lime right in the center of them slowly, they'll try and eat it buy doing it slowly but dont over shoot them at first...
i also heated in the microwave for 45-60 sec and then sucked it up with the surenge...

In just a little over 2yrs in this hobby I've been lucky to find ONE aiptasia. It was HUGE when I found it too. About 2" from the foot to the end of the tentacles. I just about pooped all over myself.

Ripped that rock out of the tank and sliced that thing off the rock with a razor knife. Then gave the whole rock a good freshwater bath in steaming hot water for about 15 minutes. Then I got my cordless drill and a masonry bit. Drilled a hole down into the rock where the foot had been attached. Drilled down about 1.5 inches with a 3/8" bit. Then I took a knife and used it to cut around the edges of the hole and kinda make a cone shaped crater. Filled the entire hole with super glue and let it cure. Took a LOT of super glue to fill that hole. Took about an hour for all that glue to cure.

Extreme? NOPE - not when it comes to those little bastards!!

Thankfully, I've never seen another one and that was over a year ago.

Back