What is this ???

Sunshine

Reef enthusiast
I ordered a Flame Scallop, I got this. It don't look like the picture I pulled up.

100_0888.jpg

100_0895.jpg

hmmm. Where are it's red "flames"? Why is it grey? Doesn't look like any flame scallop I've ever seen. But I'm not an expert.

From a local store that was having a group buy. I even questioned him because it didn't look like the picture. He said it just hasn't opened up yet.

I thought it was an online store...if it's a store you frequent I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe when your buying group was filling out the form somebody marked the wrong checkbox on accident. I can't imagine a guy doing that on purpose to a loyal customer who is in his shop all the time unless it was purely an accident.

Or maybe he received the buy group purchase and never even examined the stuff, maybe his supplier accidentally sent him the wrong thing.

He was busy at the time I picked it up. Everyone else was getting their stuff also. But, when I seen it, I questioned him on it. I seen the other flames in bags and said that's what I ordered, he said that is what I got, it just hasn't opened up yet. It didn't even come close to looking like a flame. It was only $6, but I really wanted the flame. I'm really disappointed in him.

Well, then hopefully he's just dumb and not a liar...there's no way somebody wokring at an LFS should've ever looked at that and said thats a flame scallop.

I just emailed him with a pic of it. Told him it was not a flame. I'll wait and see what he says. I think he should sell me a flame for $6. I don't know what the normal price for one is, if he has any. He is the owner. Him and his Dad started the business last year. His Dad recently died in a motorcycle accident. So, I know he is going through a rough time. So, I'll wait and see. I just thought it was weird, me knowing very little about saltwater could see that it wasn't a flame.

PRC is right.
It sounds to me like he just brushed you off.I'd be in there fussing and making him swap it for a flame.

I'm sure he was. He was very busy at the time. Everyone that ordered from the group buy was there getting their stuff.

That aint no excuse in my book.
At the store I help at,we make sure its first come first served no matter what.It dont matter how many people are in there,we make sure that every question gets answered and everybody that buys something completely understands the care of the animals they get.Yes it makes for a long day sometimes and some customers get ill at us.But they keep coming back.:D

Back