What T5 fixture should I get?

ltkenbo

Reefing newb
I have a 55 gallon tank and now I currently have completely underpowered lighting (2 staggered placmeent 2 bulb 36" fixtures sunlight supply) because I got them for a killer deal when I was getting my live rock. Anyways, looking to upgrade now since I would like to be able to keep a variety of soft, SPS and LPS. I got some money and stuff for Christmas and was looking at getting some more lights soon.

I was originally looking at these because of how affordable yet still good reviews they had:
Aquarium Lighting for Freshwater and Reef Systems: Nova Extreme Compact SLR T-5 Fixtures

(48" 216 W one)

But then these are only a little bit more expensive and would have more lighting:
Aquarium Lighting for Reef Systems: Current Nova Extreme Pro Saltwater T-5 Fixtures (48" one)

But I wanted to know, before I purchased the previous one, is there anything better in this price range?

You can't beat advice from Rc. He'll tell you the way it is whether you want to hear it or not. Which is good; in this hobby it's better to get what you need in the beginning rather than having to re-buy something later. :bowdown:

It should be here late next week. I'm going to call on Monday to get the tracking info so I'll know for sure. Yes, I'm super excited about it. I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning to come.

Back