Votes: 3 13.0%

Votes: 10 43.5%

Votes: 5 21.7%

Votes: 2 8.7%

Votes: 1 4.3%

Votes: 1 4.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My tank is usually around 80 to 82. In the summer here, it was regularly hitting the mid 80s. I didn't have any noticeable snail die off then. I expect in the next couple months it will gradually drop down to the mid 70s. I don't use a heater, so the MH lights, fans and room temp determine the tank temp.

I've had most of my snails for years. I think the last time I ordered new cleaners was more than a year ago. Claude my giant hermit has killed my largest turbos, though.

My tank swings from 77 a night to 81 during the day. I don't run a heater, I have them but don't put them in the tank. My pumps are what hold it around 77 and my house temp does the rest. I've shut down them system to see what the lights added, with no pumps just light's on my tank, it fell to 75, at that point, I fired it back up.

I don't think the temp is what caused your snails to die. Astrea snails must have algea to survive they don't not sacavage like other snails. I just lost 6 of my Astrea snails after hooking up my GFO reactor, because I starved the algea they eat it's not growing. I went with to much to fast and caused my snails to starve. But my Conch's are doing fine.

Pufferguy, I think the going heater is the Thisatherm (sp)?? It's an all plastic heater body and has to stand up right. Reviews from friends and on RC are high on these heaters.

Back