what the hell is this in my tank

dustin_P74

Reef enthusiast
049.jpg

048.jpg

047.jpg

046.jpg

there is so much weird :pooh: that happens in our tanks that we cannot explain: fish behavior, coral behavior, little critters we cannot see doing bizarre things, etc. Somethings just are, and there is little we can do to figure them out. I like to look at my pretty tank and not try to understand everything that happens...or I would lose my mind (what is left).

Since your tank is not full of livestock, just ignore it and see if it goes away on its own. If it keeps coming back, then worry about it

-Doc

Hey! You never know?! LOL Just kidding ... i haven't got the slightest clue what that is. Will be interesting to read along until you figure it out though.

Hard to say. Looks like some king of oil or grease. were your hands clean last time you put them in ur tank. maybe some kind of resedue was on your hands. Did you add a new product recently (Chemipure).

um to answer questions. that was after i took water out and my hand was never in the tank. i have never added any products to this tank and i never touched it but once i poured some water in the tank it just rose up from where it was hovering in one big cloud. but what was crazy is it sat in that same position for hours and never moved, rose, sank or fell apart

If You Have Live Rock, Then Something Is Reacting To The Cycling. If Its Just Hanging There Your Circulation Is Not Adequate. Good Luck

Back