what to do??

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
So its been about a week now that I've had the rbta and the second day I got it it sucked itself into a hole. Surprise surprise...anyways. I've left it alone for about 5 or 6 days now. It I turn the rock around I think the nem would he more visible bc it went thru a hole into a cave by on the other aide of the rock is open...if I can remember correctly. Question is...should I rearrange the rocks so the nem is more visible and gets more light or should I just leave it for another week and see if it moves? It looks pretty happy in there from what I can see which is very little. All I know is it is puffed up and pink. I didnt want to move the rocks but I want to see this nem and know that its healthy and receiving enough light. Here's a pic of what it looks like now. I first placed it on the small hole that's just beneath and to the right of the bigger hole which it is in now. What you see in the pics is basically all I can see of it in person. Help me out please..
IMAG1308.jpg

IMAG1307.jpg

This is another one of the many problems with nems. Just because you pick a place you want it, doesn't mean it's going to like it. I would leave it be, it moved there and is happy, if you move it again it'll most likely move to another spot it likes more again.

But if i leave it will it end up dying bc there isn't enough light? I'm just really concerned that its going to start failing in health and since its hard to see i won't know about it and it will die and nuke my tank? Or am I being paranoid?

It looks like it's getting light in that hole (from what I can tell from the picture). If it doesn't get enough there, it'll move itself to where it can.

I'm just worried that its not getting enough light. And if it starts to fail in health or die it will nuke my tank bc I can't see it very well?

Woops sorry double posted. Didn't think the other one went thru. Yes its getting some light. I have the reef ready marineland leds so I figured it would want to be out in the light more. Maybe they are stronger than I thought?

It could just be getting acclimated to them, as long as you can see it like you can now I wouldn't get too concerned.

Like I said, I wouldn't worry. Try feeding it once maybe twice a week, IMO when it starts getting bigger it'll move out of there to extend out more.

My nem did that same thing, it hid for a week & a half, then I woke up 1 morning & it was out again. I don't think that it would move to, then say in a spot where it could'nt recieve proper nurishment, but nems are funny tho. Just keep an eye on it. Good Luck!

Back