what to test for

tp1011

Reefing newb
So I have the bio cube 29 just started it have live sand and water trying to get the salinity
right and waiting for the water to clear up. I only have the little filter on it right now the pad with carbon in it.

Waiting to get my live rock what should i test my for before i get my live rock.

Thanks

There's no reason to test for anything other then salinity and temp. until you get the live rock in there, as the LR will most likely set off a cycle in your tank

Make sure the ammonia is .00 to maybe .25ppm and your nitrate is under I think .40 ppm. There are others, but those I think are the more crucial ones. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought so. The test kit I use is hard to tell sometimes if its yellow or if it has a slight green tint to it. Must stay low since none of the fish are dead.

I thought so. The test kit I use is hard to tell sometimes if its yellow or if it has a slight green tint to it. Must stay low since none of the fish are dead.

Hold it in good light with a white card behind it... I keep a white plastic card, I found, with my test tubes for that reason. and you already get to look for the color hue, some people get confused and look at the shade.. (darkness).

Back