What type of polyp is this?

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
Grr. I hate myself. I just couldn't stop myself from doing it. I adjusted my lights, got my temps in order, my nitrates below 10, got my flow perfect, etc. I just couldn't stop myself.

So I bought a coral today. The store gave me a hell of a deal(even though I feel screwed!), 45$..they were asking $120.. Anyhow, they told me it was a polyp and VERY hardy. I'm assuming it's a medium light coral with medium flow also. I have it on the lower 2/3 of my tank right now. Within an hour of adding it to the tank all the polyps were opened. The total size of the purple and green is about the size of a pencil eraser.

Coral001.jpg

I'm thinking about moving it up higher in the tank because my bulb is old. Shoudl have a new one in early next week. I have a pendant MH, 250 watt, hanging about 9" above the tank.

Congratulations :D
Kinda hard to tell from the pic.But thats either buttons or zoanthids.Both are fairly easy,medium light,moderate flow.
I'd say you got em placed just about right.

You know there's no turning back now,right? :D You've become a full fledged reefer:Cheers:

+1 Yote, it'll be hard to tell which type exactly, cause there are hundreds of different kinds of zoas and polyps...very nice coral though, and will do very well for you.

Those are Zoanthids. You didn't get screwed on the price. They gave you a great deal. :) Low to medium light low to medium flow. Very hardy and easy to care for.

Those are Zoanthids. You didn't get screwed on the price. They gave you a great deal. :) Low to medium light low to medium flow. Very hardy and easy to care for.

Aw, that's great. They usually take such advantage of people because it's really all there is for a really long way. I guess after buying enough from them they really did help me out.

Thanks for the compliments on the first pick, but it wasn't me deciding, lol. You guys had made the suggestions awhile back, I just followed them.

Aw, that's great. They usually take such advantage of people because it's really all there is for a really long way. I guess after buying enough from them they really did help me out.

Thanks for the compliments on the first pick, but it wasn't me deciding, lol. You guys had made the suggestions awhile back, I just followed them.

We picked out some nice ZOOs then! Thanks! :lol:

Back