What you add in with these fish?

koda_dad

Mr. Paranoid
As a lot of you know my bluespot jawfish jumped from my 33 gallon a few weeks ago.

My son has taken it rather hard (he is 4) so I have decided to get a replacement fish (not another BS)

I want a fish that is active, that swims alot and is a very good looking fish.

I currently have:
2 - Picasso clowns
Sixline Wrasse
Purple Firefish

(I am also planning on upgrading to a 135-150 gallon in the next few months if that matters)

What would you add?

The Anthias are great! They swim all over the tank. Great personality and not shy at all. I have the Lyretail Anthias. The male one is purple (very pretty) and the female one is orange. You can have 1 male with a few female. BUT, you certainly need a big tank for them. They are big swimmer and you certainly don't want to get them until you actually have the 135-150g tank. The recommended minimum tank size is 125g.

And by the way, i know most people don't want to hear, with a 33g tank, your tank is pretty much maxed out on number of fish that you could have for that size of tank.

Last edited:
Toolman;378214[B said:
][/B]Hawkfish very cool and I get a kick out of mine (falco's hawkfish) the way they perch on the rocks
Yes ,absolutely ,i always suggest these awesome guys....i love my flame(my daughters favorite),and have been trying for months to locate a blood red hawk:Cheers:

I would wait until you upgrade to add more fish. You can't put anthias in a 33 gallon tank, so if you want them, just wait.

If you really feel as though you need to add something in the near future, I recommend going with a small goby =] I really like the yellow coral gobies myself. Although they aren't as active as the anthias might be, they'll stay small and spend most of their time around your live rock and and corals that are branching.

Try the bartlett anthias a very beautiful and active fish and most importantly a peaceful one.

In a 33 gallon?

Koda,anthias are super awesome and very,very active but I would wait til after the upgrade.Yote had a good recommendation,blennies are nice.

Last edited:
Back