What's next?

R3verb

Time to add some coral!
Hey guys. So over the last week I have had to take an LTA and a sand sifting starfish back to the store because the fish store sold them to me and my tank couldn't support them. I am hoping you all can help me decided what to get next! I was looking at maybe a coral banded shrimp? I have 3 fish so I would like something besides another fish. I have heard that a brittle star might be fun as well? If anybody has any suggestions please let me know!

Tank- 24 gal Current USA, up for 6 weeks
Current livestock-2 damsel fish, 1 Clarkii Clow fish
I also have live rock and live sand in the tank aswell

Casey

+1 all - I'd say a Fire Shrimp or a cleaner shrimp. Coral Banded Shrimp get MEAN when they grow up. I had a huge one for a while that started snapping at fish, nets, tools, and even my hand when it was in the tank.

Thanks guys! I was wondering, maybe a decorator crab? Or will that grow too big? I like the idea of a cleaner shrimp! What do cleaner shrimp eat?

You should definitely add a mix of snails and possibly some hermit crabs to your tank then fir your clean up crew. Serpent stars are cool, I love my harlequin ones. As far as shrimp go, I would get the skunk cleaner. I've got both skunk cleaners and fire shrimp in my tank and I rarely ever see the fire shrimp.

You should definitely add a mix of snails and possibly some hermit crabs to your tank then fir your clean up crew. Serpent stars are cool, I love my harlequin ones. As far as shrimp go, I would get the skunk cleaner. I've got both skunk cleaners and fire shrimp in my tank and I rarely ever see the fire shrimp.
I am worried I am going to put too much in my tank. Would a turbo snail work? I am worried that he will eat everything and then starve. It's only a 24 gal tank.

im worried he wont have enough to eat after he cleans my tank. It's only a 24 gal tank.

If you want to go exotic, look for a pair of Sexy Shrimp. Harlequin Shrimp are also really cool, you will just need to buy a chocolate chip star fish every few weeks to feed them.

Cleaner shrimp are great! They will also eat any leftovers your fish miss.

+1 on the serpent star and adding a CUC. Also one turbo would be fine for your tank, i would also add a few nass snails to mix the sand and astraea snails.

Cleaner shrimp are great! They will also eat any leftovers your fish miss.

+1 on the serpent star and adding a CUC. Also one turbo would be fine for your tank, i would also add a few nass snails to mix the sand and astraea snails.
What is a CUC? Thanks for all of the advice guys!

Back