What's under your tank

Sasquatch

Reefing newb
seems to be a common question/problem what do you or dont put between the tank and the stand?
I have always used carpet because the tank manufacturer I know says its the best thing, the only break Ive ever had was from not using it under a 75 gallon, I like a short pile carpet with enough give for the trim to bury and leave the glass supported, What do you do??

i dont put anything between the tank and the stand because it wouldnt matter as my tank has a rim and what i put under the tank wouldnt even touch the glass

Lots of space. ;)

plumbing1-up_2-08.jpg

:hernoseenLOL! not what I was expecting, so? Pray to God, but row to shore? man that gives me the same feeling as standing on a roof top looking at the ground between my feet or something else I wont discuss in mixed company

ok, so large expanse of unsupported glass, approximately 1.5 lbs of rock per gallon,a load of sand and water, please tell me you have egg crate under the sand, please?

ok, so large expanse of unsupported glass, approximately 1.5 lbs of rock per gallon,a load of sand and water, please tell me you have egg crate under the sand, please?
If you are referring to the piece of eggcrate you see in the pic I posted, that was from when I was setting up the tank. I was mixing the water with a Mag 5 and it kept sliding around on the bottom. I put the small piece of eggcrate there to keep it from moving around. ;)

im totally lost as to what your concern is. there is nothing betweent the tank and the stand, just as it was designed. I have the sub floor re enforced with 2x4s but there is no need to put anyting between the bottom of the tank and the top of the stand

The bottom pane glass of my tank measures 7 feet by 3 feet. I have approximately 3 inches of sand on top of it, then 500 lbs of rock, and 240 gallons of water. There is not supposed to be anything between the glass and the stand.

Back