What's up with my clam. ?

Lesely

Reefing newb
Hi. Was wondering if clams close up sometimes to expel waste like BTAs do. My little one has been like this for 2 days now. ?
image.jpg

If he is expelling anything, it is stressed. It does look like pinch mantle. Check your cal. They go threw it like mad. Did you burp it or keep it under water when introducing? Leave it alone for now, last ditch effort is fresh water dip. This will clear up the pinch mantle. Did you check for snails?

If he is expelling anything, it is stressed. It does look like pinch mantle. Check your cal. They go threw it like mad. Did you burp it or keep it under water when introducing? Leave it alone for now, last ditch effort is fresh water dip. This will clear up the pinch mantle. Did you check for snails?
Hi,, this clam has been in the tank for about 6-7months. Has opened every day and has grown heaps, Cal is fine, have checked parameters last 3 days wondering if if something was wrong
we lifted him & his rock up today and there is no bristle worms or snails annoying him ?
I was told a pinched mantle would not present like this but his mantle would be looking slightly twisted and not showing like it is ? He has not and is not expelling anything I was just wondering because sometimes the BTAs close up for a day or so and expell before they reopen, was not wanting to panic and see if clams do the same thing ?
I don't know much about clams ?

Opened up on day 6 after closing as though nothing had happened and has been open ever since. Very strange behaviour from what I have read about clams. Oh well all good now I suppose. Thanks for the check in much appreciated.
image.jpg

Back