Where do I go from here?

You have a lot of work ahead of you! :shock:

As for fish, there are plenty of species below $40.00 that you can add to your aquarium.

Just to name a few:

Green Clown Goby:
I've had one of these fish, and I enjoyed it because they literally sit on top of ornaments in the aquarium, and seemingly watch. They also look like a non-creepy version of a clown, and they're an interesting color!

Green Clown Goby, Gobies & Dartfish | PetSolutions

Tomato Clownfish:
Tomato Clownfish, Live Aquarium Saltwater Fish | PetSolutions

Royal Gramma:
Royal Gramma, Basslets | PetSolutions

Pink Skunk Clownfish:
Pink Skunk Clownfish, Live Aquarium Saltwater Fish | PetSolutions

Green Mandarin Goby:
Green Mandarin Goby, Live Aquarium Saltwater Fish | PetSolutions

Also, there are plenty of deals on this website, such as the deals in this thread:

https://www.livingreefs.com/6-99-du...-reefs2go-com-saltwater-tanks-bff-t42450.html

Hope that helps!

Here it is in its current status. Not done cleaning, but getting there.

IMAG0197.jpg

It's coming along nicely to me. :)

You need much more rock. Your rock and sand do most of the filtration in this hobby. Dry rock can be used instead of live rock, what you have will be more than enough to turn the dry rock live :)

But youll need at least 1 -2 lbs of rock per gallon. So at least 50lbs of rock. (I say you have 10lbs or so)

From the picture I would have to agree with Kelz88, you need a lot more rock. Dry rock will turn to live rock in no time so the cost is much less.

FWIW, I have a Damsel like yours in my tank. It is in the top 3 NICEST fish in my tank. Never bothers a soul. Real pretty too! However, it wasn't my first fish and doesn't show any territorial behaviours.

If your willing, and able, to spend the money..... the Mag Float XL has a scraper attachment on it and can do wonders for cleaning the tank. I had a standard Mag Float and thought it was crap. Then a fellow reefer showed me the XL with the scraper. WOW does it work great! Its pricey though. Right at $90, but worth every penny IMO.

Actually I'd say your tank, judging from the photos, is looking good. Still a ways to go, but really getting there. But, hey, I'm still new to this and still have my own issues. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Getting cleaner. :) Was able to clean up a little more.

progress.jpg

Shopping list currently includes:
1. 2x Power Heads
2. Some Rock
3. Haven't decided on some additional fish.

Back