where to buy acans

reefnoob

Reefing newb
As the title says, what online vendors sell a wide variety of acans? Most sites sell zoanthids or other corals, but not many acans. Live aquaria sells acans in the divers den, but i think they are at a ridiculous price compared to even my LFS.

So Salty, have you ordered from this guy before? The prices seem a little expensive to me, unless they are those "higher end" corals.

Thanks for the link Salty B I didn't know there was anyone up in Orono and I frequent there for work. I have gotten a couple acans from saltcritters and they are the best online acan source I've found.

Thanks for the link Salty B I didn't know there was anyone up in Orono and I frequent there for work. I have gotten a couple acans from saltcritters and they are the best online acan source I've found.

I've bought a bunch of corals from him. You should contact him and see his place in person. A lot more than whats on his site. And every coral bought has been bigger than advertised. Since I'm just across the river from him I have no need to buy from anywhere else and have no shipping costs. If there is something I want and he doesn't have it (which is rare), I have a friend who runs the fish dept at Petco and he'll add what I want to their order and I pick it up when the truck comes in so it never goes into their tanks. And I dont have to pay for shipping through them either. If there is a way to save a buck....I'll do it.

I need to drive to Austin...

Agreed, I live in Houston and I am going to Austin two weekends from now to a wedding with the girlfriend. Though I am not sure she will let me take a side trip to the fish store there lol. I drag her to enough of those here in Houston haha.

They don't look heavily photoshopped to me...but the pics are low res which is weird.
They have some nice looking stuff though for sure! No idea if its trustworthy

Back