Which anemone?

Hiker4twenty

Reef enthusiast
My brother is interested in getting an anemone for his clown to host. Right now his clown hosting a few of his corals such as: duncans and hammer coral. I think it's cool to have a clown host a anemone, but I know they can kill corlas and fish. Which anemone do you recommend.

BTA
Long Tentacle
Seabae

I would also recommend the BTA. Just so you know there is no guarantee your clown will host the anenome. When I got it my clowns would totally ignore my anenome. I finally took it back to the LFS. I know of several others that had the same experience.

BTA seems to be the best bet.

but dont worry if they dont host them straight away, especially if they are hosting somehting else. Mine hosted a torch coral, which i moved out, then they hosted the short tentacled plate, and now, they host my anemone. Took some time, but they got there :)

I would also recommend the BTA. Just so you know there is no guarantee your clown will host the anenome. When I got it my clowns would totally ignore my anenome. I finally took it back to the LFS. I know of several others that had the same experience.

Thanks Mike. I'm thinking that clown "should" host the nem because its looking for any type of coral with tentacle like extensions to host.

Back