which jebao powerhead?

Steveg229

Addicted
I am interested in purchasing one of the new jebao-rw8 or rw15 powerheads. I currently have 3 hydor 850's in my 90g. I am not sure if i should go with the rw15 and get rid of some or all of the current powerheads.....or should i get the rw8 and keep 1 or 2 of the hydors.... what do you all think? I want to give the tank a little bit more flow than what i currently have.

the rw-15's are comparable to my understanding. They put out like 4,000 gph at 100%, wouldn't 2 of these be too much? I was thinking maybe getting rid of all 3 hydors and going with 2 of the rw8's- they put out 2,000 gph at 100%..... decisions, decisions....or just keep what I have and buy more coral/fish???

I bought 2 WP-25s for the 85 yesterday with the dual controller for $118 shipped. These pumps are a lot more powerful than their Hydor counterparts. The problem is that if you buy one that's too small not much you can do except buy another. With Jebao, you can buy the next size up and dial them back. I only have 1 on the 57 rimless and my coral growth is through the roof right now.

Update- I had decided to order 1 RW-15 and it was wayyyy too much flow for my tank. I contacted Reefbreeders and was able to send back and exchange for an RW-8, I just had to pay for return shipping. Excellent customer service!! So currently I am running 1 of the RW-8s. I cannot believe how strong this little pump is. I am running on else mode and it is more than enough flow and I do not have any dead spots. I am thinking about ordering another 8, or maybe just a 4 to put on the other side to help balance out the flow a bit and make more random/multi-directional. Overall, I am super happy with this pump.

Back