white cotton like water droplet shape...fungus?? HELP please!

Hey everyone so my tank is about 5 months old. About a month ago I’ve started noticing these little white cotton like texture things in a shape of an eye drop growing at the bottom frogspawn and zao. For the frogspawn it was on the skeletal structure…nothing on the heads or tentacles. This was same for the zao as well more so on the stalk area and frag that it was growing on…nothing on the polyps. At first I didn’t think anything of it but I did pull the 2 frags out once a week and pulling the white things off with tweezers. It comes off real easy and once the cotton like stuff is out and away from water it shrinks. Now it has started to spread into my sump area – protein skimmer, bubble trap dividers, around the return pump, skimmer pump, etc. The only place in my display tank that seems to be present is on the bottom of the frags and luckily only 2 of this cotton like pieces on the LR that I quickly pulled off when I noticed. It looks like its fungus or something just by the shape of it – round bottom up into a mouth of a flower ready to open. It looks like it only grows up or outward not sideways how mold would grow.
Some background info: in my sump I currently don’t have a light on and it still happens to grow in there, I checked all parameters and they are normal, 2 clowns, 2 blood shrimps, 2 cleaner, and assortment of snails none of them care to eat it.
Here are a few pictures I tried to capture but it’s a little hard to focus on with a camera phone. I don't have any pictures of it on my coral...i cleaned it off yesterday when i did the water change.
Hope you guys can help determine what this stuff is and how to get rid of it.
Thx.
salts001-albums-misc-picture1809-imag1160.jpg

salts001-albums-misc-picture1810-imag1161.jpg

the little grains are sand but the larger white things are what im refering to
salts001-albums-misc-picture1811-imag1162.jpg

out of the water in a napkin
salts001-albums-misc-picture1814-imag1165.jpg

YES!!!! I google'd it and thats exactly what it looks like and aka "q tip sponge." Thank you!!! I'm doing some more research on how it got there and says from over feeding. I didn't think I was over feeding...only gve them as much food as they would take. I can definitely say it's not very attractive looking.

They feed from the dissolved organics in the water so if you arent doing enough water changes, feeding too much etc they will flourish. Once you get the nutrients under control, they will die back.

Back