white covered button polyps

kevvin27

Reefing newb
Has anyone ever seen this on button polyps before? The parameters got out of hand for a couple weeks and there was a bit of a hair algea bloom. I've just gotten that cleared up and also the lights were old so I just replaced the bulbs yesterday. Could one of those have been the problem or is it some sort of disease or something?

Attachments

• SAM_0562.jpg
    SAM_0562.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 560
I have some that look spotty like that. I think it's natural variation in their coloration. Corals will change their appearance as water parameters change sometimes.

They can also change color depending on the strength of lighting they are under. Have you had them in the same place since you have had them?

I had some brown ones that were in the shade and when I moved them into the light they turned a nice bright green.

I actually didn't buy them. When I got my first pieces of live rock there was one that started to grow and now it's multiplied to 4. They used be a nice bright green and had a few small white spots but it's only been in the last couple weeks that they got this bad. And no I haven't moved them. They are near the bottom of the tank and always have been there.

Back