Black and White Clowns

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
I have a pair of domino clowns (extreme misbar versions of black and white clowns), and the male seems to be developing some discoloration on the very bottom part of his gills. It's turing a pale yellow/orange/white color. Has anyone seen this before with black and white clowns? I don't know if this is just something normal or some sort of disease process. I can't seem to get a good picture otherwise would post it!

Picture? Is he a black Ocellaris with White shripes like mine?

Clowns.jpg

He is a black occelaris with matching white spots on his gills (looks exactly like this: Domino Clownfish | Amphiprion ocellaris | ORA | Oceans, Reefs & Aquariums) The domino clowns are variations of the regular black with white stripes occelaris. I wish I could get a picture but I can't seem to angle my cell phone in a way to capture the discoloration. Basically he is turning yellow/white at the base of his gill plates, and the base of the white patch on the gill is turning yellow/white. I'm worried about him.

Clown do tend to change their colors quite a bit as they mature. Are you sure this isnt an age related color change? I know most clowns are sold pretty young and I would expect them to do some further changing as they continue to grow.

I found this photo and it seems to be what you are describing:
single_dot_domino.jpg

Back