White Splotches

Just started the Quinine Sulphate. 7 days of treatment and then we see how things are progressing. I decided to treat the DT as well since this is supposed to kill all stages of MV, Ich, and a few other things. From now on everything goes into QT!!!

I also moved up to the large fish spectrum pellets. EVERYONE seems much happier!

The emperor is doing good all clear for 3 days now. Another couple of days and I'll move him out of QT. The Quinine Sulphate claims that its safe to use in a reef tank, invert safe. So I did decide to treat the display as well. AND I have 1 snail still alive. (found her this morning).

I wouldn't treat the display again. Not sure if the meds helped or if it was the change in food. I fed specifically the angel formula frozen for 4 days without any improvement. Then I switched to Spectrum Large Fish pellets soaked in the angelixer. Fed for 2 days and noticed a huge improvement in his coloration and I'm thinking that the HLLE is starting to heal a little.

For anyone that is thinking of using quinine, the water needs to be agitated vigorously and have a DAILY water change of at least 25% for tanks under 90 gallons. I was able to watch the water condition deteriorate visibly over the course of the day. Over the 90 gallon size the treatment is different not requiring the daily water changes. But needing constant skimmer adjustment. Definitely not the easiest medication to use.

Back