white spot on acro?

well thank you yote :)

okay, well i will trust you and keep my eye on it.

I have never had sps grow fast enough to turn white. maybe its the year old mark sprout?

okay well here is a picture from tonight to show what is happening :( so its getting a a little worse.

DSC_0008.jpg

im sorry yote abut questioning your experience, I know you are way more knowledgeable about this, but the white is spreading down...

That looks like alk burn. What's your alk level and has it been steady at that level? Clipping those dead tips off might slow down the bleaching.

That's definitely not new growth. Something is going wrong. That's what some of my sps started to look like when I raised my alk level too high. Like Ccapt said, what are your alk levels and are they stable?

My all has been at 7.5-8.5 for a couple months. Before that I kept it higher.

I will pick up a new test kit tonight and see if I get anything different.

im sorry yote abut questioning your experience, I know you are way more knowledgeable about this, but the white is spreading down...

Dont be :D I make mistakes:shock:
And I also agree with Capt that it looks like alkalinity burns.
Probably be a good idea to frag off the dead stuff.

I checked my alk earlier this week and it was at 14. So I guess that other test kit was old? So I have done 15 gal water changes every day until I got it back down to 9 ish.

I cut off the dead stuff and it seems that its doing better. Hopefully it will all come back in a few months.

Thank you all for your help.

The alk at 14 is definitely causing the problems. When my alk was at 13 my sps started to get alk burn and die. You'll have to do water changes until you can get the level around 10 and keep it there.

Back