white spots on fish

Joeysmissy

Reefing newb
I have a new problem. My green chromis seem to have some white spots on it. But it is only visible in the right lighting. They seem ok, but i dont really know if they are. I cant really take a good pic. They look very blurry. But i can try if its needed. Anyone know what it is?

Do it quickly. Chromis are notorious for having health problems due to the methods used for collecting them. (I am assuming these are relatively new fish) The white spots turn pink and the fish quit eating and within a matter of a day or so they will be dead... Good luck. If you can keep them eating it is for the best.

I checked on them this morning and the spots are gone. I didnt do anything should I still give them garlic? And how do you feed that to them? Are they sold in the LFS? Or do i just buy it from the grocery store?

You can buy the garlic extract in most fish stores, sometimes even PetCo carries it. You can also make your own from cloves of garlic from your grocery store. Here is a nice thread on how to get DIY Garlic Extract.

To "dose" it, you take your food, put it in a small cup with some tank water, then add a few drops of the garlic extract. Let it soak for 5 mins before feeding it to your fish.

Back