Will A poly garden work?

ilyad

Reefing newb
Hey there living reefer's I have a lot of empty rock space in my tank and was thinking of getting a polyp or two of 5-6 different types of polys and sticking them in different parts of the big rock, I was wondering how those would fare once they start to grow next to each other... would one type of poly kill off the others or would the just grow in until the space ran out? Also, if its around a duncan and a candy cane, would those push them out and kill them or just grow next to them?

Thanks for your input

The zoas and palys play nice together. You can have several in close proximity, even touching, and they will be fine. I don't know about growing them next to duncans or candy canes. They can get a little aggressive......

The zoas and palys play nice together. You can have several in close proximity, even touching, and they will be fine. I don't know about growing them next to duncans or candy canes. They can get a little aggressive......

Even if the duncan and candy cane will stick out above the polys? because those two will stick out above the polys...

IMG_1452.jpg

Thats the picture of the tank... I want polys to cover the main rocks where the duncan and candy cane sits... does them coming in contact with the base matter, or just the heads?

Your idea should be fine...they'll grow together. And if they start to get too close to your other corals, you can always trim back some.

Back